Middlex University London (legally Middlex University and abbreviated MDX) is a public research university in Hendon, north-west London, England. The name of the university is taken from its location within the historic county boundaries of Middlex. The university’s history can be traced to 1878 when its founding institute, St Katharine’s College, was established in Tottenham as a teacher training college for women. Having merged with several other institutes, the university was consolidated in its current form in 1992. It is one of the post-1992 universities.
Middlex has a student body of over 19,000 in London and over 37,000 globally. The university has student exchange links with over 100 universities in 22 countries across Europe, the United States, and the world. More than 140 nationalities are represented at Middlex’s Hendon campus alone. Additionally, it has campuses in Malta, Dubai and Mauritius as well as a number of local offices across the globe. Courses are delivered by the Faculty of Science and Technology, Faculty of Professional and Social Sciences, and the Faculty of the Arts and Creative Industries.
Middlex is ranked within the top 100, and highest ranked in the UK, universities in the world under 50 years old by the Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2020. In 2017, it was awarded Silver by the Teaching Excellence Framework. The university has been awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize three times and has twice received Queen’s Award for Enterprise for its international work.
• BA Honours Business Management (Innovation & Entrepreneurship)
• BA Honours Business Management (Marketing)
• BA Honours Accounting and Finance
• BA Honours Advertising, PR and Branding
• BA Honours Business Management
• BA Honours Business Management (Finance)
• BA Honours Business Management (Human Resources)
• BA Honours Business Management (Project Management)
• BA Honours Business Management (Supply Chain and Logistics)
• BA Honours Creative Writing and Journalism
• BA Honours Digital Media
• BA Honours Early Childhood Studies
• BA Honours Education Studies
• BA Honours Fashion Design
• BA Honours Film
• BA Honours Graphic Design
• BA Honours International Business
• BA Honours Marketing
• BA Eng Honours Computer Systems Engineering
• BSc Honours Business Accounting
• BSc Honours Business Information Systems
• BSc Honours Information Technology
• BSc Honours International Tourism Management
• BSc Honours Psychology with Counselling Skills
• BSc Honours Psychology with Education
• BSc Honours Psychology with Human Resource Management
• BSc Honours Psychology with Marketing
• International Foundation Programme
• LLB Honours Commercial Law
• LLB Honours Law
• LLB Honours Law with International Relations
• LLM Employment Law
• LLM in International Business Law
• LLM in International Law
• LLM Law
• MA Education (Coaching and Mentoring)
• MA Education (Leadership Management)
• MA Education (SEND Pathway)
• MA Education (Teaching and Learning)
• MA Global Governance and Sustainable Development
The Library at Middlex University Dubai offers two locations, extensive online and print resources, and knowledgeable and supportive staff.
The Library is located on the ground floor of Block 16. The Library provides the resources needed for each programme module via its substantial range of print and ebook collections, online databases, and e-journals. Daily local newspapers, magazines, and small fiction and DVD collections are available for student use. There is also a dedicated law library and a silent study area.
Networked colour printing, photocopying, and scanning can be done within the Library, in compliance with copyright laws. The University has provided various IT facilities and support services as part of its student learning resources.
Students can bring their own laptop/tablet/mobile phone on campus and work in their own space, by easily connecting to the University’s wireless network, and each computer lab is equipped with printers. Other printing, photocopying and scanning facilities are available in the library. The Centre for Academic Success (CAS) is a dedicated space where students can seek advice and academic support from specialist staff and counsellors. The staff at CAS delivers the Academic Enrichment Programme and coordinates the Student Learning Assistants. In addition to this, CAS provides confidential learning disability support, pre-sessional English language booster workshops as well as pre-sessional academic skills workshops.