Humboldt University of Berlin is a university in the central region of Mitte in Berlin, Germany. It was established by Frederick William III 1810. The Faculty of Law at Humboldt University of Berlin offers Postgraduate, Certificate Studies and LL.M.
Mode: Full Time
Course Duration: 12 Months
Tuition Fees (Approx.): € 10,000
The LL.M programs offered
German and European Law and Legal Practice (LL.M)
The international master’s program offered at our faculty since 2000 is open to applicants who have successfully completed their law studies abroad and have already gained practical experience in the legal field. This degree program integrates the former degree courses “German Law LL.M.”
International Dispute Resolution (in English)
Since 2015 the Law Faculty of Humboldt University of Berlin offers a one-year full-time graduate degree program in International Dispute Resolution (IDR), with a strong emphasis on international commercial arbitration. Besides that, the program is open to graduate from jurisdictions around the world. The language of instruction is English.
Intellectual Property Law and Media Law
The postgraduate master program “Intellectual Property Law and Media Law” (“IMR”), which has been firmly established at Humboldt University Berlin since 2009, offers the opportunity to specialize in intellectual property, copyright and media law within four semesters
European Law and Comparative Law (LL.M)
This master’s program is only available to students from our partner universities in the context of double or multiple degrees.
Comparative Law Studies on German, European and Chinese Law (LL.M)
Degrees: Master (Tongji University) and LL.M. (HU Berlin)
Transnational Criminal Justice and Crime Prevention – to International and African Perspective
Degrees: LL.M (UWC) and LL.M (HU Berlin)
- German and European law and legal practice
- European law and comparative law (for students from partner universities)
- Comparative legal studies on German, European and Chinese law
- Transnational Criminal Justice and Crime Prevention – an International and African Perspective
- Media Informatics (together with the FU Berlin and the TU Berlin)
- International Dispute Resolution (in English)
- Intellectual Property Law and Media Law
- European Studies (together with the FU Berlin and the TU Berlin)
Besides the LL.M and Master programs faculty of Law also offers certificate programs as well. Certificates program includes:
Certificate Foreign Law Studies (FRS)
The courses in foreign language law study impart knowledge of the foreign legal system in the respective national language. You start with any module in the FRS and after two modules and passing the exams, you can obtain the certificate FRS I (for the FRS II you have to complete four modules and the corresponding exams).
The foreign language law studies offer includes American, Brazilian, Chinese, English, French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Turkish Law.
German-Polish Law School (DPRS)
It is two year certificate program. The study in the German-Polish law school is a complementary study. The DPRS program includes the following contents:
- 1st semester: German / Polish public law
- 2nd semester: German / Polish civil law
- 3rd semester: German / Polish Labor and Business Law
- 4th semester: German / Polish commercial and company law