University of Melbourne Law School Popular Programs
- The Melbourne JD: It is 3 year law degree program offered by University of Melbourne Law School; The JD course comprises 24 subjects, including 16 compulsory subjects with 300 credit points. The Melbourne JD leads to admission to the legal profession in all Australian jurisdictions, and can be used as a basis for seeking admission in many overseas jurisdictions. The 3 years degree program tuition fee is $33,369 per year that is $126,907 for international students.
- Masters of Law: The University of Melbourne Law School offers masters degrees, graduate diplomas and single subjects across specialist legal areas to deepen knowledge and understanding in a general or specialized area of law. All areas are led by an expert in the field and many areas are linked with a research center or institute, which are a valuable academic resource for students. The LL.M program has 19 different subjects as well.
- The LL.M Program: There are two Masters of Laws, LL.M programs besides the specialist programs. The two programs are:
- The Master of Law: The course requires satisfactory completion of eight coursework subjects from those available in the Melbourne Law Master. Besides that, The Master of Laws includes a Minor Thesis option. In order to take this option students complete four subjects drawn from the subjects prescribed by the Law School as part of the coursework program and a minor thesis (50 points of study) on a topic approved by the Law School. The total fee for this degree is $42,688.
- The Master of Law (Consumers Law and Global Competition) Online Program: The Global Competition and Consumer Law program is one of only a handful of comprehensive programs in competition and consumer law in the world. It is designed to gives you the in-depth knowledge and ensures you will be at the forefront of the unique challenges. This The LL.M will challenge and stimulate you with its rigorous approach to learning. You will develop advanced expertise and practical skills in the complex interdisciplinary body of knowledge relevant to the field. The total fee for this degree is $42,688.
Specialist Masters Degrees Offered by University of Melbourne Law School:
- Master of Banking and Finance Law
- Master of Commercial Law
- Master of Construction Law
- Master of Employment and Labour Relations Law
- Master of Energy and Resources Law
- Master of Environmental Law
- Master of Global Competition and Consumer Law (online study options)
- Master of Health and Medical Law
- Master of Human Rights Law
- Master of Intellectual Property Law
- Master of International Tax
- Master of Law and Development
- Master of Private Law
- Master of Public and International Law
- Master of Tax
Other Research Law Degrees Offered: One of the top law schools in Australia, Melbourne Law School offers 3 research law degrees programs. These degree programs are:
- MPhil in Law
- PhD in Law
- LL.D in Law
- Mphil in Law (Masters Of Philosophy)
The Master of Philosophy (MPhil) is an internationally recognized research master’s degree of the University. In order to get the degree, A candidate for the MPhil is normally required to have achieved an overall H1 (80–100%) or H2A (75–79%) in a relevant degree or a qualification or combination of qualifications considered to be equivalent. Preparation of a thesis of 40,000–50,000 words, under supervision, on a topic approved by Melbourne Law School. Well, it is 2 years full time program and 4 years part time program.
- PhD in Law (Doctor of Philosophy)
For this degree, students need the preparation of a thesis of 80,000-100,000 words, under supervision, representing an original and substantial contribution to the knowledge of law. it is 4 years degree program in full time and a8 years for part time.
- Doctor of Laws (LLD)
The degree of Doctor of Laws (LLD) is the highest qualification available by examination within University of Melbourne Law School . The work submitted for examination must be of such a standard that it makes “…a substantial and original contribution to legal scholarship and is of such standard as to give the candidate authoritative standing in the field of the candidate’s study.